Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Uncertainties of a Searcher



This is my very first time blogging and I hope I haven’t missed out too much. Lol

I’m young social entrepreneur running www.landmarkinternship.org 

I stand on the threshold of the next significant chapters of my entrepreneurial quest: 
I can see ahead my deepest dreams for my enterprise unfolding and opportunities vast, and behind me I see once impossibilities that I overcame, but within me I feel the uncertainties of a searcher, striving in faith toward a dream of colourful tomorrow. 

Keeping the dream alive is not a fun:
Everyday life on the streets of Lagos Nigeria echoes to me to retract from this path, the ticking of time brings the nagging fear of unsung entrepreneurs beaten, chewed and spat out by life. My daily share of the inevitable adversities of an entrepreneur scoffs at me but nonetheless I have chosen remain resolute to this calling.

As I occasionally slip into the thought to retracting, I get encouraged by the words of my spiritual father and mentor when I left my last employment to pursue this enterprise full-time: 

“Gbenga, I congratulate for now walking the talk but can I inform you ahead that the journey of entrepreneurship is the journey of the unknown, but God that has called you would keep you.” 

I have also found faith in the lyrics of The Prophecy of TY Bello’s Green land album: 

The prophecy: 
How can I give you up? 
I am the one that chose you, I am the one that did. 
How can I let you fall, you know I won’t? 
You should see life through my eyes, 
I knew that I would love you long before time began. 
You should never, ever, ever, doubt me, I have never told a lie
I will keep my promises to you, everything I said I will outdo. 
You know my word is life, my word is integrity.  

So should I eventually allow my feelings hold sway, please hold me accountable and say big shame on me for letting my today’s feelings hold my vision for tomorrow captive.


2 comments:

  1. I remember years ago when I was going to go back on a particular decison, SOMEHOW, wisdom jumped before saying..."If you turn back, you are NOT a good specimen for THIS success". The saviour of the world was going to go back, but he didn't. If you were tempted to go back, you are in a good company. There is nothing wrong in thinking about going back, but you MUST NOT DO IT. In my opinion, Entrepreneur are infected with incurable disease of persistence. So, Gbenga, BE infected.

    ReplyDelete